Sunday, November 28, 2010

CoHousing Functional Plans

This is my first functional plan. With this idea, I wanted to keep the same idea with the circular drive, but try it in a new and more ecological way. I used the two separate Common Houses that as anchors for the design, focal points for the ends of the Common green. I placed the Community Gardens along the slope on the northwest corner of the site. I daylighted the pipe that runs through the site to better treat and manage the sotrmwater, as the site sits at the bottom of the watershed for the area, including much of the Cotton District. 

This is my second functional plan for the Aiken Village CoHousing project. With this plan, I wanted to conserve as much of the site as possible. I decided to keep all of the housing along the east side of the property and just have a dead end road to give access to the residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment