Thursday, November 11, 2010

Concept Statement

I arrived at harmony for my concept after simply observing the studio environment. I looked around one afternon and noticed the large number of students, including myslef, who had headphones in their ears while they were working. It hit me how much music unconciously influences our decisions, both for students in the studio and probably even more so in the 'real world'. I contemplated how exactly I wanted to use music as inspiration. I decided I did not want to use a specific song or even genre of music. I wasnted it to remain generic in that respect for the specific reason of music means something different to each person. Everyone has specific tastes and I didnt want influence any person by that, so I didnt use songs as inspiration, but music.

No comments:

Post a Comment