Sunday, November 28, 2010

Whitfield and Scales Planting Plan

This is my planting plan for the enlarged plan portion of the site. The concept for my plantings was connecting native plants with well known plants most people buy at the local nursery. I wanted to use native plants for the obvious reasons of conservation, tolerance to the local climate, etc... I wanted to also use common nursery plants so that the landscape would be relatedable to the public, but also so that planting with native plants would seem more tangible and possible for people viewing the plantings. I think that showing how to incorporate natives into existing planting plans will much easier for people to understand, rather than showing nothing but natives and people being intimidated by the concept and walking away from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment